When you shop in a brick and mortar bookstore how long does it take you to make up your mind what you will purchase? Do you find that you look through a lot of books and time gets away from you? When you’re not looking for a specific title or author let’s consider a few things that could draw your attention to a book.
• Does the book’s title determine if you even pick up the book to browse through it?
• How important is the book’s cover? The cover should give you clues to its story.
• Do you always read the back cover text? That should pull your interest into the book.
• Do you only look at the books with the front cover facing out toward the customer?
• Do you look through a lot of books and time gets away from you?
• Do recommendations from someone influence your purchase?
• Does price of the book enter into your decision to buy?
Even if you’re shopping for a book at online bookstores some of the above points might enter into your buying decision.
So what attracts you to a book?
• Back cover text
What settles your decision to buy a book?
Till next time … keep on smiling.